Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oral histories- future tense and Escape Pod

This is a shameless plug for my favorite audio podcast, Escape Pod. for recreation I read a great deal of science fiction, looking for that better place that fits my particular worldview. A story called Friction by Will McIntosh and read By Stephen Eley was something that fit my thinking on the day I listened to it. I was working and listening and thinking about what I was doing, and wondered about the friction we all face in our day-to-day lives. Made me think about what I want out of the rest of my life, and what changes I can make to enable that. I made a connect today with the oral histories, or futures as the case may be. I love hearing a story, as do all os us in our core. Stories that are of interest to us are even better. If you look at podcasts, make sure to include something enjoyable and even challenging to your list. You might learn something about yourself in the process. I like science fiction almost as much as science itself, and I am looking forward to a 16 foot 20 pound tipi sometime in the future. One that sets itself up with the push of a button. Well, maybe that would be inappropriate use of technology, but it would be cool, right? So head right over to http://escapepod.org for your Sci-Fi fix. See you in the future, right?

No comments: